Sunday, April 26, 2009

APRIL 25,2009 FISHING TRIP




Well I went out last night to do a little skillet fishing for some cats. Skillet fishing ( is for small catfish used for frying whole). Went out about 7:30 pm and the wind was blowing 10 to 15 MPH and being that I was already out there I decided to give it a try anyway . Well I went to one of my spots and anchored out and started to fish. It has been about 15min and no bites but the wind is blowing so hard that it is hard to tell if your getting a bite or if it's the wind.Anyway I stayed there about an hour and caught these four that weight's about a pound or so. It would been a good night if the wind was not blowing because the tide and water temp. was rite. The rod and reel and bait of choice was ( Rod and reel was an All-star 7' med with an Nor-Fin spinning reel with 12lb Andes mono line and the bait of choice was small 1 1/2 to 2" crayfish) These fish are Channel cat's and some people here call them ellie cat's. When I'm fishing for these small fish I like to use a 1 to 2/0 hook and 1/2 to3/4 oz norool sinker rigged Texas style. When I rig mind I will slide the weight on,then a bead and then tie the swivel on. Then I tie the hook on with about an 14 to 18" leader. Useing this style of a set up the fish cannot hardly fill the weight and you will have more hook sets this way. My next we will start talking about Rod and Reels and then we will talk about how to make jug lines. Until then take a kid fishing

No comments:

Post a Comment